Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Interesting Article!!

I am reading an article by "Devita Saraf", CEO of Vu Technologies and Executive Director of Zenith computers. There is one paragraph which is -

"But here's my worry: Children in India and across Asia are burning out too soon due to their hectic schedules. And they are losing out their motivation to succeed in their careers because by the time they have completed college, they are looking forward to retirement. Notice how many people between 25 and 35 years old have a Facebook status commenting on their desperate need for a weekend or a vacation."

I think she is absolutely right and even I feel the same. Every weekend I feel like going somewhere and discuss this with friends. Students in India are given unnecessary pressure during their boards. Moreover, parents also take pressure on themselves which I think should not happen as the child will feel more burden. In this article she is comparing Indian Education with US Education system. Though she feels that education here in India is more competitive but it almost exhaust the beautiful life of a child.

What I feel, that there should be a proper balance of US and Indian Education system. Also there should be a hobby class compulsory in schools.

I think everybody should read this article. Here is the link to the full article-
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123976552685619935.html

No comments: