Monday, June 8, 2009

Women's Rights

I sometimes feel that woman in this country (India) has been given some extra rights to which they take undue advantage. I am not completely against woman's rights because I have seen that earlier, women are always been degraded.

The one instance that I want to mention here is that, I go office in a pool cab. Four gents and three women. All four of us belong to same office i.e. my company and these three women (two in one office and one in some other). We have this cab and a driver. These two girls don't say anything about cab and seats. But this one girl who recently joined us wants always to sit in the front or middle seats. She don't want to sit at back. Her pick up is last from her house and her office. We occupy all the front and middle seats as we got picked early. But she says, that these (us) guys don't care or have respect for women. We all are paying for the cab and her pick up is last, so what can we do about it. We cant leave middle seats vacant and sit at the back and wait for this girl's pickup so that she can sit on those vacant seats.

Yesterday, I was at the Rohini (West) metro station. It was very crowded. There was huge line to get the tokens. I think there were 200-300 people in front of me in the line. Earlier, ladies were in the same line, then suddenly one woman guard came and told all the ladies to make a separate line and they will get the tokens first. Come on now, we are waiting for 1 hour to get the token and now these girls will get their tokens in seconds. I was literally very very tired. Some people who are accompanied with women told them to be in that line and collect those tokens. That makes sense but still woman has always been looked before man. Even on Delhi busses there are seats reserved for women. Now a days, we talk about that women are not behind men in any field but they still want that reservation everywhere.

See I don't have that male ego and I respect woman and also feel that somewhere these rights are absolutely necessary for them. But taking advantage of them is wrong.

No comments: